Friday, March 13, 2015

Miss Salsa is home and a catch up!

Hi All

Waljan here, with all the news!
Firstly we have just had a visit from Anty Lilah Wainman who comes down twice a year and when she’s here she cuts our NAILS arghhhhh. We all hate it and try and hide but get dragged out and snip, snip she is away. Actually we all feel better after it, but don’t let on! :-)

After the last drama with Miss Willerby Salsa, I have to report on the funny occurrence which happened when they tried to remove the old caravan, well it wasn’t funny for Dad!
Firstly Mum had thought it would be a good idea to get a buyer for the old van before they moved it, big mistake! No sooner had the potential buyers been to see it and paid them the money on the Sunday, in trying to move it on the Monday with the farm’s telehandler, the towbar broke, it got stuck in a hole and the front of the van came away from the floor!
Buyer had to be contacted and refunded half the money, as he still wanted it but now had to effect repairs! Not now willing to risk Miss Willerby Salsa’s person on the cut up ground, Dad ordered some mats which formed a temporary roadway. These duly arrived and Willerby was edged slowly into place.
Now he only had to connect the services and build some steps for the weekend as our first guests were arriving! As nothing was going to plan, the said guests duly arrived and had to be sent off again as the steps weren’t quite finished and in typical last minute Dumpledale fashion (as some other first guests can attest to!), we finally had an unveiling of the new plaque by the whipping off of a tea towel! As you can see our first guests were Anty Raynah and Uncle Clive Thomas and our old compatriot, Phoebe who had returned for a visit.
The Plaque
Mothers totally disorganised opening ceremony complete with tea towel and no steps! Sorry Anty Raynah!
Here are some pics kindly taken by Anty Raynah of the inside of the new van.
Twin room can be made into a double

Main bedroom with ensuite

Dining Area

Open plan dining/kitchen area

Kitchen with microwave full size oven and fridge freezer

Main Bathroom with enclosed shower

Lounge complete with Phoebe!

View from the van
For those of you who have stayed in the caravan before, there is also a nice new fence so three sides are now boarded. This gives a lot more privacy and the back fence as you can see is now the 5ft rigid mesh so you can still enjoy the view! Now on with the news...

In January, Mum and Dad left us for an overnight stay in Mum’s old home town of Bir-min-hum I think she said it was. They went to the Sea Life Centre and Dad had a shark on his head apparently, no really look!!!!
Shark Head!

Catching some Rays!

The sea turtle
They had a nice dinner in Bir-min-hum city centre but being used to their usual dining haunt of the Cottage Inn, were staggered by the city prices, two starters, two mains, two drinks each, £91.95 bill thank you very much! Lol. They got back the next evening and went to Wetherspoons with Jason and Rachel as a reward for looking after us dogs, (these humans need reward based training too you know) and for four meals and drinks it was half the price and just as nice.
Bir-min-hum City Centre
Then they had a weekend away in Monmouth. Mum’s cousin, Uncle Bob was 65, so a weekend was arranged for all the family to stay in a big Georgian house in Whitchurch near Monmouth. Jay and Rach again having to suffer us dogs! A couple of us had had dicky tummies in the week preceding their weekend, they thought we were all over it, but ohh no!
Mum and Dad had got as far as Whitland (about 30 miles from home) and Mum had realised she had forgotten her tablets! Dad had a few choice words to say to that, none of them repeatable here and they turned round to head back. Jason was duly phoned and asked to meet them in Haverfordwest with said tablets.
When he went over to the log cabin, someone (I’m not saying who as I don’t grass on my pack!) had pooed in the bedroom, also down the hall and in the utility room. Jason in a rush to meet them in Haverfordwest, just chucked the mats out with the intention of sorting it all out later. When he came back there was now sick on the bed and wee on another carpet J strangely enough there was no sign of Mum and Dad who had carefully pushed off at the first sign of trouble! Anyway they had a good weekend and stayed in the Hunter Suite, guess what the coat of arms were?
LOL looks just like me!
They went sightseeing to Symonds Yat, Monmouth and Ross on Wye and went down some caves.

Finally there was Crufts, which again was busy five days again. Mum and Dad were back and forth to Bir-min-hum taking the stall up taking it down and working in between. And... did you know that Australian Shepherds are an American breed? No? Me neither! Anyway Jay and Rach made the point in their fashionable matching USA tee shirts, lol!
Jay and Rach on the discover dogs stall 

Denver and Phoenix having some fuss
Well I think that’s pretty much you up to date, apart from Saturday when Mum asked Dad to put a curtain pole up in one of the bedrooms. Easy peasy you are all thinking for a man of Dad’s DIY talents, he must have put hundreds up! Two minutes later the air is blue and it is all mother’s fault as he has drilled into the wall and hit an electricity cable! Luckily we have an electrician in the family who was summoned and Dad had to dig out the wall to get to the cable and after repair had to cover it over again. Sooo, a job that should have taken minutes took all morning and it was all mothers fault!
Oops nearly missed young Jason's news, he is now working permanently on the farm with Dad, here he is getting stuck in repairing the roof!
That's all for now then folks, just finish up with my favourite photo of last year, the Italian Spinoni gang on holiday at Four Acres, how did they get them to pose like that? And Princess Fly says "talk to the Paw!"
Talk to the Paw!
Catch you later!
Waj x